Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The One Who Is Infinite

"I am convinced that the totality of everything God has told us about Himself in His Word and in nature is little more than a hint."


I read this just the other day in my Beth Moore study of the Patriarchs from Genesis and I was struck... I was in awe.

The God we get to worship is an infinite being.

His totality cannot be fathomed because He is infinite... He is infinitely mysterious and infinitely majestic and infinitely magnificent.

I stand in awe of the God who created us, who created this world, and who loves us with an unfailing love.

There is delight to be found in the One who is infinite.

I never want to stop delighting in God or stop being mesmerized by His being and His creation.

God is a master of surprise, or love, and of beauty. He is everywhere and in everything.






















When looking through those images I am in awe of the God who crafted those beings, those moments, and those pieces of creation. He is nothing short of creative. 

My prayer is that we can become so enamored with the infinite God that we never stop looking for Him and never stop learning about Him. I pray that we daily fall in the love with God as we experience Him in new places and in new ways and I pray that we never become bored with the infinite God who is calling us by name.

God is infinite. 

He is ... 
eternal ... magical ... the Prince of Peace ... the Great I AM ... just ... good ... faithful ... everlasting ... the One who sees me ... Wonderful Counselor ... creator of Heaven and earth ... sovereign ... true ... beautiful ... omniscient ... Holy One ... a friend ... righteous ... forever ... almighty ... God Most High ... savior ... Lord ... gracious ... compassionate ... slow to anger ... abounding in love ... the King ... crowned with honor ... exalted ... worthy ... powerful ... strong ... perfect ... infinite ...

Be amazed. Stand in awe. Never stop seeing more of God.

"Dominion and awe belong to God" - Job 25:2


No comments:

Post a Comment