Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Process

I have been debating what I wanted this post to be about for a while now. Many topics coming into my mind and then slowly leaving as I realize it's just not there. I do my best to write from an honest heart and share what the Lord is teaching me and putting on my heart. But this week, that seemed a little foggy and just not quite there.

A lot of things have been foggy lately. I been experiencing a lot of "half-way"s, "almost there"s, "not quite"s, and "one day"s.

There have been many moments of revelation, followed closely my many moments of confusion. A lot of ups and downs; goods and bads; ins and outs.

I want to write on something that I am learning or have learned, but I just can't get a grasp on any of it. It's just kind of happening and I am along for the ride.

It's a process. 

I'm more of a point A to point B kind of person, but right now that's just not how my life seems to be moving. God has me on more of a winding road, full of mini lessons, with little visibility up ahead.

I don't have a grip on much. Which is really scary some days and other days it is completely freeing.

I am beginning to see the value of the process... the process of knowing God more, the process of learning about ourselves, the process of seeing our sin, the process of being sanctified, the process of building relationships, the process of realizing God's perfect plan, and the process of growing the Kingdom.

I am typically more of an end result kind of person, wanting processes to happen as quickly as possible, but right now God has something else in mind.

I have to be in the process... as sloppy, difficult, slow, confusing, and frustrating as that is.

"...[You] have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." -Colossians 3:10

I emphasized "being renewed" there because it highlights the process. It's a process being renewed... not happening in just one coffee date with Jesus, or one day, or one week, or one month, or even a year... it's simply a process that will reach completion on the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6).

So right now, the process is not making that much sense, but I am thankful that the Lord is not finished with me yet and that He is going to continue to grow me and stretch me through this process. I am clinging to Psalm 138:8.

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-- do not abandon the work of your hands."


No comments:

Post a Comment