Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just a Tuesday Night

To say that my life has been anywhere close to normal recently would be a lie. It's been far from normal. But life is happening and I am along for the ride.

It's tough and it's messy, but it's real and it's good.

The opportunities to really breathe and to just be are few and far between. But tonight, that opportunity came and for that I am beyond thankful.

After Bible Study, Sydney and I went to Tuesday Night Worship. Tuesday Night Worship, for those who don't know, is an hour of worship and prayer every week at a church on Franklin Street. It's an extremely simple, yet beautifully intimate, time.

Tonight, it was just what I needed and a time to encounter the Lord.

Typically, I'm familiar with most of the songs that we sing, but not tonight. Tonight there were multiple songs that I had never heard before... but they were good and their words resonated deeply with my soul, so I want to share.

I Don't Know

When I was a baby You held me close
When I was just a child You showed me the way I should go
When I'm old and grey you'll never leave me
You're right by my side

How am I gonna thank You
If I can't get my arms around You

But I know that You saved me, But I don't know, I don't know 
How far you had to reach
I swim in your deep love, But I don't know, I don't know
How wide or how deep
I know that you're good, Lord, But I don't know, I don't know
Why you're so good to me

Dance With Me

Behold You have over the hills upon the mountain
To me, You will run. My Beloved, You've captured my heart. 

Won't You dance with me, 
Oh Lover of my soul, 
To the song of all songs 

With You, I will go
You and my Love, You are my Fair One
The winter has passed and the springtime has come 

Won't You dance with me,
Oh Love of my soul,
To the song of all songs,
Romance me, O Love of my soul,
To the song of all songs

Continue to Love Me

Continue to love me, With that same love
Righteous and unchanging 
Continue to love me, With that same love
Priceless and unfailing 

Your love it reaches to the sky
Your righteousness, a mountain high
How priceless, Your unending love
Both high and low among men
Take cover under Your wings
How priceless, Your unending love

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and for night's like tonight. Thank You for new songs and thank You for intimacy with You. My prayer is for continued reliance on You and Your truths. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment