Wednesday, August 8, 2012

An Ode to Sweet Summertime

With only one week left here at Timber Wolf I feel as if it's appropriate to share all the happenings of this summer. It has been a memorable one to say the least.

So here is an ode to sweet summertime in northern Michigan, the place I have called my home for the past three months. It's an ode written in pictures and instagrams. Oh how I have adored this summer. My God is so wonderful.

Well hello, Pure Michigan! I entered this wonderful state from Indiana after visiting Amanda at Taylor University.
One of my first evenings here... Alex starring as Peach from Mario Kart. #laughsonlaughsonlaughs
Joey's America birthday party = kickball + belly laughing + dance party = BEST EVER.
Giant hampster ball led to a lot of pre-camper fun!
How can I not love them?!
The Muskrat Lake Cafe in downtown Lake City has become my home and favorite morning spot. I know all the waitresses and all the regular customers, of which I am one. This place will always have my heart.
Only the best friendly competition... Let it be known: Sushi and I dominated.
Intern Thrift Store Date Night. Enough Said.
MY FAVORITE.
And then there is the fateful day the interns make every single bed on camp.
These girls have seen me at my best and at my worst. I adore them and each of their hearts.
What an awesome day at Cindy and Don's house! This night will include some of my best memories of the summer.
All. Time. Favorite. Picture. Ever.
Bennett, Katie, Danielle, Sushi, Amanda, and I all went to the Detroit zoo... Felt like a kid again and my heart was so happy.
The polar bear exhibit was out of this world.
Such a wonderful day!
Meet Amanda. I have gotten to see this girl every single day this summer. I am so blessed.
First session some of the interns got to be stars in the Opera... somehow I got asked to help. Meet Bennett as the Blue Ox, me as Sugary Sue, and T.C. as Spicy Steve.
So the copier and I have never been friends... Thank you, T.C., for always coming to fix it.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! Lake City is known for the "Greatest Fourth in the North"
One of the best days off ever... TRAVERSE CITY CHERRY FESTIVAL. Hello, carnival :)
The girls know how to have fun at a carnival. The ferris wheel and fast fast spinny ride will always have a place in my heart.
Yes, that is Fonda. And yes, we are in her trunk... for a drive-in movie at the Cherry Bowl theatre (aka most jank drive in).
The boys have loved us so so well :)
All the interns went tubing down the Manistee River for one day off. It is one of the most relaxing things in the world.
The Bachelorette has been a constant for all the girls of the Swamp. The finale had all the makings of a perfect evening... Jef + brownies + roses + Wesco. Best. Ever.
Thank you, Christina. She is the sweetest Bible Study leader and mentor who has loved us all so well.
Summer night adventures with the girls are the best... Ruby went offroading AND we found the sand dunes. So blessed to spend so many nights with these amazing girls.
And then I had the BEST 21st BIRTHDAY a girl could ever ask for... full of surprises, flowers, and best friends.
There is nothing like seeing Chapel Hill friends in the middle of the summer for Amanda's wedding! Sydney and I roadtripped to Cincinatti to see our dear mentor get married to Nick.
What a beautiful bride and a wonderful woman of Christ. So blessed to have her as my mentor.
Sydney and I adventured on our trip back to Timber Wolf and pit-stopped in Toledo for some fun!
All of the interns made our way to Sleeping Bear Dunes on Lake Michigan. It was a tiring day but so incredibly beautiful.
Lisa came to visit!!! These are all the second-timer interns... much love to them all!
The rover is gonna rove.
#twl2k12 INTERNS.

These pictures cannot even begin to capture all of my favorite moments from this summer. This is just a peek at what this summer has been for me... so many wonderful memories with so many fantastic people. There are not pictures to document all that has happened this summer and all of the times that will forever be in my heart... like...

... the carnival every week with the most marvelous lights
... the fireworks that lit up the sky one night a week and blew kids minds
... all the Wesco trips made with the Wesco Crew (Amanda, T.C., Sush, Danielle, and I)
... the night of dancing in the pouring down rain
... the many evenings spent in the kitchen giving out pizzas to leaders
... the nights of star gazing from the back of the tundra
... the countless meals at Shay Station in Cadillac
... the prank wars
... the 8:00 am wake up call from Bennett to go running
... all the cups of coffee every morning
... the nights spent reading by Lake Missaukee
... all the kids that experienced the best week of their life and went from death to life
... the dance party in the cave
... the steam rolling
... the "daaannngittttt" moments
... the times of playing frisbee golf and hopelessly trying to improve
... the time we jumped in the lake fully clothed after burying T.C. and Bennett in the sand
... the great conversations with best friends
... the time Amanda and I beat T.C. at soccer
... the time T.C. and Sushi went to the Hollywood
... the assigned team parties
... the moments of worship and fellowship
... the property staff appreciation dinner
... all the times Kelly Cooper came to visit
... all of the breakfasts with Smusz
... the fateful morning all of camp lost power
... the time the girls made a music video singing to Hank's beard hair
... and all the moments that are to come in this last week

My God has been faithful. He has blessed us unbelievably here.

No comments:

Post a Comment