Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Don't.... GOD Does.

I'm in a season of questions. Not me asking questions, but everyone asking me questions. All questions that I don't have an answer for.

What are you doing after college?

How do you plan to use your degree?

Where do you want to live when you are older?

Do you want to be on property staff?

Do you want to do the World Race?

Are you moving back to Greensboro when you graduate?

Do you want to work for Young Life?

Are you going to go to graduate school?

What is your plan for next summer?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

When do you plan on having a boyfriend? Better yet, get married?

Do you want to stay in Chapel Hill after college?

I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW.

I just don't know. I really don't have answers to any of those questions. Right now questions about the future are coming from every direction. It's understandable... I graduate in less than a year and then I have no plans. The possibilities are endless and my life outside of school will be beginning. Do I know what I'm going to be doing though? No. Do I know who I will be with in that time? No. Do I even know what I really want? Not really...


The comforting thing is the fact that GOD DOES KNOW. He knows my future and He knows exactly where I will be in five years and He knows all the steps that will get me there.

I am constantly having to remind myself that God...

... "knit me in my mother's womb" (Psalm 139:13)
... made me in His image (Genesis 1:27)
... created me and by His perfect power I exist (Revelation 4:11)
...has His Spirit dwelling in me (1 Corinthians 3:16)
...made me as His "workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works" (Ephesians 2:10)
... numbered the hairs on my head (Luke 12:7)

I am relying on the fact that God has made me and that He already knows what is going to happen... even when I don't. When God made me, He knew the answers to all of those questions... even before I existed.

And better yet...

My Creator will...

... perfect everything that concerns me (Pslam 138:8)
... work all things together for my good (Romans 8:28)
... contend with those who contend with me (Isaiah 49:25)
... fight this battle for me (2 Chronicles 20:15)
... equip me with divine power (2 Corinthians 10:4)
... delight to show me mercy (Micah 7:18)
... meet all my needs according to His glorious riches in Chris Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
... give me grace that is perfectly sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9)
... be my power in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)
...do immeasurably more than all I could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within me (Ephesians 3:20)
... have plans to prosper me, not to harm me (Jeremiah 29:11)

Those are the things that I am going to cling to in this time. I don't know what I am doing... NOT a clue. But God does.

AND I TRUST GOD AND HIS PLAN FOR ME.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment