Saturday, June 23, 2012

Delight yourself in the LORD.

A girl's mind goes a mile a minute at times... Well not all girl's minds, but mine does. A lot. It is always thinking about something or is preoccupied in some place. With camp getting into full swing, I have not found an ample amount of time to sit around and process all of the many thoughts that are constantly running through my mind. I would not say that the thoughts are bad. In fact, I would say that many of them are good and the Lord is teaching me a ton. But still.... so many thoughts always running through my head.

Earlier in the week while I was spending time with the Lord my mind was sprinting back and forth in my attempts to journal and write everything down. I was spinning in circles attempting to get all of my thoughts in line and in order. It was in that moment that I came across Psalm 37.

"Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; 
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret-- it leads only to evil.
For evil men will be cut off, 
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land." (3-9)

"If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with his hand." (23-24)

"Wait for the Lord and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it." (34)

The words of this psalm resonated in my heart and pierced so many of my running thoughts. The words of David in this psalm counteracted my running mind so perfectly.... I must slow down.

Trust ... dwell ... delight ... commit ... be still ... wait ... patiently ... do not fret ... refrain ... keep his way ...

Each of those words speak so perfectly to what I needed to hear. The Lord does want to teach me and grow me a ton this summer, but it does not all need to happen at once. I do not need to have it all sorted out today, or tomorrow, or even before I leave Timber Wolf in August. 

Instead God is asking me in this time to trust Him, to dwell in Him, to delight in Him, to commit to my ways to Him, to be still before Him, to wait for Him, to be patient, to not fret, to refrain from anger, and to keep His way.

So I will. I will trust, dwell, commit, be still, wait patiently, not fret, refrain, and keep the Lord's way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment